Registration is now open for the first annual Government Social Media Conference & Expo (GSMCON), taking place in Reno, Nevada from April 29 – May 1, 2015. Unlike all other national social media conferences, GSMCON was created specifically for those whose work involves social media management for government entities rather than the corporate world.
GSMCON attendees will benefit from dozens of informative sessions led by social media professionals such as keynote speakers Katie Harbath, Facebook’s Global Politics & Government Outreach Manager, and Lindsay Crudele, Community & Social Technology Strategist for the City of Boston.
In addition to the outstanding lineup of sessions and keynotes, a vendor expo introducing social products and services geared toward state and local government agencies will also take place during the conference.
Other benefits include:
- Affordable registration. If you’ve ever attended a professional conference, you know they can be pricy. GSMCON offers the same great training opportunities as other social media conferences at a much more affordable rate. Limited volunteer opportunities are also available. Approved volunteers who satisfy their agreed-upon volunteer requirements can receive a credit for free registration.
- Numerous networking opportunities. Interact with representatives from popular social media platforms as well as other government social media professionals.
- Continue your education. Never stop learning! Listen, learn, and enhance your social media skills through the informative sessions as well as the networking opportunities.
- Great hotel rates. GSMCON is taking place at the AAA four-diamond Atlantis Resort. Attendees who request the GSMCON block of rooms can receive the deeply discounted rate of $69/night throughout the conference. (There is even a free airport shuttle for Atlantis guests!)
- A fun city! Get ready to be impressed! Named the state of Nevada’s 2014 eCity by Google, Reno is quickly becoming a hub for startups and tech companies. There are also plenty of fun things to do.
GSMCON was founded and organized by Government Social Media, LLC. The conference is co-hosted in 2015 by Archive Social, the government’s solution for managing public records of social media.