Kristy Dalton is the founder and CEO of Government Social Media LLC. She has extensive experience in both government and private industry and is frequently asked to deliver keynotes, judge award programs and advise government agencies on digital strategy.
Kristy is the creator and host of GovGirl, a unique online video show focused on government innovation. What started off as a tiny blog about her experiences during her 10-year career in government turned into a popular video series followed by government employees across the country.
Beyond social media, Kristy is also passionate about smartly designed, highly functional websites. She formerly served on the board of directors of the National Association of Government Web Professionals, and her government career included being the web manager for the City of Reno, NV, public relations coordinator for the City of Wheaton, IL and deputy clerk for the Town of Cortland, IL.
Kristy is a proud alum of Northern Illinois University, where she holds a Master’s Degree in Communication and graduated with honors.
Kristy in the News
- GovGirl Assists Governments in Going Social (Interview in The Public Manager, 2014)
- Social Media Highs and Lows for Human Resources (Interview in HR News, 2014)
- Ten Gov2.0 Leaders to Follow on Twitter (StateTech, 2013)
- Must-Read State & Local Government IT Blogs (StateTech, 2013 & 2012)
- Top Gov2.0 People to Follow on Twitter (Govloop, 2012)
- 100+ Women in Government Technology (GovFresh, 2010)